April 15, 2010

Illness at the Kennison's

I am a pediatric nurse.  I think, most of the time, I'm a pretty good one too.  At work I don't loose my cool when a kid has a high temperature, stops breathing, or has a seizure.  There isn't much I haven't dealt with while on the job.  Here though, in my own home it is all a different story.  I thought asthma was the worst thing in the world when Will was wheezing a couple months ago and I had to torture him with albuterol treatments.  My little fishy was so brave and took it well.  With the worst winter now behind us, I thought it would have taken with it all of its illnesses, fevers and ailments.  I was sadly mistaken.  As soon as I got home from work last night Emily started acting sick, had the shivers and was cold.  We put her to bed with Motrin and a fever of 101.  I checked her twice before I finally went to bed and she was fine.  This morning when we woke up she was at 103 and I haven't gotten it down all day.  Now, I am freaking out.  With a temp of 104.6 things are getting a little too crazy for my home.  Taking her to the doctor in 30 minutes.  It is so funny how all my expertise and training means nothing to me when I am at home.

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts and prayers are being sent your way! You are a wonderful and loving mommy and a great, smart, and compassionate nurse! I know that it is so different with our children and that is why it is great to have your mommy friends to help out along the way!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2010 Laura Jane Designs
Elements by Jennifer Fox