February 15, 2010

Marathon

Since July we have been planning to run a marathon.  It sounded like a good idea, 3 weeks after I had Will.  Once I fully healed and started running it sounded like a crazy idea.  It was!  For months I ran around the neighborhood with a double joggin stroller hauling my 2 impatient and mostly screaming kids.  Never did they have the patience for more than 3 miles, which at my slow pace was about thirty minutes.  Last Sunday we managed to get out to Huntington Beach for the Surf City marathon and ran, 13.1 miles, crossing the finish line in 3 hours 25 minutes.  I still to this day dont know how my body managed to make it.  Now, a week later we are looking forward to another in September.  Now I know Im crazy.  I hate running yet I love marathons! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2010 Laura Jane Designs
Elements by Jennifer Fox