August 19, 2010

A Year Ago Today

I am joining a new friend and her meme- A Year ago Today.  It's really a bit funny that I join this today of all days.  Why?  I have done the same thing today every year for the last 29 years- Celebrating my birthday!  Yes, today I am 29, an age I am a bit freaked out by, but an age I am proud of.  Im scared that in just 1 year I will be 30.  Yikes.

So 1 year ago today, I turned 28.  For my birthday we took a trip to Disneyland, Andy was sick but took me anyway.  So we went to the park and I took Emmy on all the rides by myself while Andy and Will (just 6 weeks at the time) sat in the shade and slept. Emmy and I had a great time being silly and running around.  And after we were all worn out, we had a fantastic dinner with my family.

This year I am celebrating with my girl friends since Andy is working.  I am so excited for the first girls night out in a year (we REALLY need to get out more).  So, we are headed out for dinner, drinks and a movie (chick flick of course-Eat Pray Love).   I am so excited to get to spend some girl time with the best friends ever!
Thursday Blog Hops

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I am also 29! I turned Twenty nine on the eighth. Also sad about it. 30 seems scary to me...but then again it is just a number right?

    Happy Blog Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you are having an awesome day! Thanks for joining in the today a year ago blog hop fun!!
    Enjoy the rest of your day!

    Sofia
    From PDX with Love

    PS Following you back!
    PPS LOVE your header!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope you have an awesome time on your girls night out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carrie! Welcome to the Bloggy Moms Club!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MY blog is cute???! YES RIGHT! Yours is freakin adorable! I am so jealous!!!

    Following you back!

    Nicole
    www.onelittlemister.com

    Intersted in a button swap?? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2010 Laura Jane Designs
Elements by Jennifer Fox