January 18, 2011

Yummy healthy pasta!

My Em loves veggies and it has not been to hard on us to get her to eat them. Her favorite has always been broccoli. Will is okay with veggies as long as they are mixed in with his foods. Lately it has been increasingly difficult to get his veggies in. So I drug out some favorite mom tips for hiding veggies tonight. Purred veggies.






Em was begging for pasta all day so pasta was in the menu. I steamed up some broccoli and carrots and purred them separately. I love using ground turkey here at home for the lower fat content for me. So I mixed in with my ground turkey 1/2 cup purred broccoli, parmesan cheese and some garlic to season the meat.






Then I used canned pasta sauce and added some salt and pepper as well as 1/4 cup purred carrots.

I mixed this altogether to make the meat sauce. I put it on top of the pasta to make a kid friendly healthy meal. The kids loved it and I thought it was great!












- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:The dinner table

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Sounds pretty good. I used to always add pureed veggies in our foods but haven't in quite a while.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2010 Laura Jane Designs
Elements by Jennifer Fox