February 27, 2011

Starting Fresh

The last few weeks have been really distracting for me and my writing.  I have been on the prowl for a new job.  The county has proven difficult with both mine and Andy's union which makes me feel uneasy.  So I decided to see what the world of nursing had to offer me.  I am now teaching through the community college while a friend of mine is on maternity leave.  I will be sub-ing her classes for the next 6 weeks and I am so excited about the opportunity to teach.  I also have another offer that will be part time of which I am struggling with.  As I work now, I only work about 4 days a month.  The rest of the time I stay home with my sweet little ones, teaching and nurturing them.  This job offer will take me out of the home for 3 days a week leaving my kids to be in the care of someone else. 

I have really be struggling with the decision to make this leap back into a work routine.  I love being at home with my children but also feel a responsibility to help with providing for them.  My time at home has been amazing and I have learned so much about myself as a mom and as a person.  I have found that I love being a mom and I love writing.  The two things are by far my passions in life and I have been through amazing things since being at home. 

As I write all this out I sense a decision presenting itself on my "paper". 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
© 2010 Laura Jane Designs
Elements by Jennifer Fox